Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growing Weary and Pressing On

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised, God has chosen, the things that are not, that He might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, that, just as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."
1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Oh, does this encourage me today. I've been feeling very defeated these past couple of days. Ever since I started this blog and a bible study at my house it seems as if everything else is falling apart around me. It's been a good reminder to me of how often I struggle with my flesh still. I'm going on ten years since I gave my life to Christ and there's still so much house cleaning to do. Let's just get it out in the open right now. Just because I have seven children does not mean I have it all together. On the contrary. I am daily overwhelmed and blown away by how much God has chosen to bless me but this verse sums it up. He's chosen me, as weak, foolish, and unwise as I am.

Lately I've been falling in love my bible more and more. I'm realizing how much I need to be filling up with spiritual food so that my flesh doesn't take over.

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16

Another thing I'm learning to do is take it to Jesus.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light"
Matthew 11:28-30

Praise the Lord I don't have to do these things on my own. I sure have been feeling weary lately and it's because I can't do it all on my own. When I try, I burn out. I appreciate the encouraging comments and am blessed to know that others are being blessed. So, I'm going to press on with this journey to love my family more and more, and hopefully point to Christ in the process.

Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

3 comments:

Grace said...

What a beautiful reminder! This is exactly what we have to rely on every day. Praise the Lord for His goodness!

Marcee said...

AMEN!

Davina said...

So true Season, don't we all need encouragment just to make it through the Day, thanks Davina