Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Meet My Amazing Children (Anina)


This is our "Fancy Nancy". My mom bought her the book when she was about 3 and I don't know if it's the book's fault that she insists on being fancy or if she was just born like that and the book fit her well. Either way, if you ask her to set the table, she gets into the china cabinet and you get the works. Candles and all. If you tell her to get dressed for PE you have to be extremely specific or she will come down in a pretty skirt and her PE shoes with her hair done fancy. The great thing about this is that she is now in charge of getting Hannah (3) dressed and Hannah absolutely loves it! She is the best big sister. I have never once heard her get frustrated with any of the little ones and she did not get this from me. She talks in the sweetest voice every time no matter what they are doing. They all respond really well to her too. (Interesting how that works....) John and I had been married for exactly a year when this precious little girl was born. Her name means "Answered prayer". I really didn't think I was worthy of being so blessed. I was married to the most wonderful man and having a baby the right way! It was such a different experience to have someone there with me. The pregnancy was pretty uneventful and that was sure new. I had my stitch removed at 37 weeks. Dilated immediately to 4cm. Went for a few walks and went right into labor within 24 hours. Went to the hospital and it stopped. Getting sent home had to be one of the most disappointing experiences of my life. I went to bed even though the contractions had started back up again. "I'll show them," I thought. "Send me home. I'm not going back until it's time to push." It became too much to just lay there so I got in the shower. I shaved my legs and washed my hair. I stayed in there until I ran out of hot water. By that time I could barely get dressed. My husband convinced me that it was time to go to the hospital. I was pretty sure he was right so we got back to the hospital and I had made it to 5 whole cm. "Are you kidding me!" She was face up as Nathan had been and if you've ever experienced this you feel like you are in transition the whole time from the back labor. I told the doctor but he said I was wrong. The rest is kind of a blur until it was time to push. I pushed and pushed and pushed and the doctor says, "You are not pushing hard enough." "What!" Did this guy realize that he was right by my foot! Who tells a woman in labor that she's not doing a good enough job? "I tried to explain to him again that she was not in the right position but what did I know. He was the professional. The he says, "I think this baby must be really big". Well, I finally got her out. All 7 lbs of her. Face up and lots of stitches but I didn't care anymore. This baby was so beautiful. Her hair was so long that we had to put it in a barrette to get her hospital pictures taken. She had the biggest eyes we had ever seen and never, ever cried. She is 7 years old now. Her love language is definitely "Physical touch". She doesn't just hug you. She squeezes until you "Know" you are loved. She rubs Daddy's back every morning (He's "Physical touch" too). And Gideon, our littlest guy, will go up to her and lift up his arms and say "Up". Then he'll lay his little head on her shoulder. This blesses a Mommy's heart more than anything. I really need to try and get a picture of it now that I think about it.

No comments: