Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Still here

I know it's been a long time. I wish I could say I was sorry but I was extremely busy with one of the most important jobs (So my husband tells me) that I could be doing. Laying in bed. I was having some trouble with premature labor and early efacing so I put myself on bedrest at 34 1/2 weeks. I say, "Put myself", because the doctors were not terribly concerned with her coming that early but we didn't want to take the chance. We also didn't want to take the chance of going into labor while the stich was still in my cervix because it's an hour and half drive to Eugene and I've had a labor that lasted that long.

We've planned to do a homebirth this time. Our midwife is an amazing lady who loves the Lord with all her heart. After my not so pleasant experiences birthing in the hospital, we are very excited. The most overwhelming parts of this whole process to me is leaving to drive to the hospital in labor, and packing up the baby and bringing her home from the hospital. I get to skip both! Carol's midwifery license say's she can deliver anytime after 35 weeks, however, we were not comfortable doing it until at least 36.

To prevent tearing, we had the stich removed at 35 1/2 weeks. I dialted to almost 2 and went into labor right away. Praise the Lord it stopped and we came home. Back to bed I went. Here I am today, 36 weeks and 3 days! It's a miracle that I am still pregnant but God has worked out every minut detail of this journey. I've had every sign there is that I will be going into labor any minute but we're still praying for 37 weeks. My midwife has parked her motor home outside my house and comes in to check on me frequently just in case. Who every heard of such bedside manners! There have been more challenges with this pregnancy then any others, yet there's an overwhelming peace. God has reminded me over and over that this precious little girl is His plan and He's taking care of everything.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Casa_DeArtes said...

Very fun to find a blogger with 8 children.. the one your carrying now will make 9? We have 8 children. the ages range from 5-21
Blessings to you and your family.